- You might get Chocobo on the Loose! first, instead of this quest. If so, you want to get Chocobo's Wounds but you don't want to finish Chocobo on the Loose!. To by-pass Chocobo on the Loose!, Talk to Brutus again, talk to Silver Tail, and than talk to Brutus once more. He should ask you a question if you want to ride a chocobo.
- You will need 4 Gausebit Grasses. These can be obtained in Meriphataud Mountains from defeating Crane Flies or in Dangruf Wadi from Wadi Hares. They can also be bought from the Auction House.
- Talking to Brutus starts the quest.
- Trade a clump of Gausebit Grass to the Chocobo next to Osker. (It will not accept the grass.)
- Come back the next game day (about 1 hour real life time).
- Come back again for the third time and feed it. (This time you will be successful.)
- Successfully feed it three more times (once daily) to complete the quest.
- This quest takes approximately 6 hours real time.
- You are not required to give the Gausebit Grass to the Chocobo in succession - i.e. you can skip several days between the feedings.
Client: Brutus (Chocobo Stables, Upper Jeuno)
- Help nurse the chocobo back to health. It seems to have suffered both mentally and physically. Gausebit wildgrass may do the trick.